Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Under the Sea Shaker Card

If you recall, the card I shared in my previous post was finish on the inside to match the front of the card. In order to create the writable white/negative space I masked my cardstock when I created the background. Well the mask turned out rather lovely and would have been a great waste to throw away. I decided to use it for the background of a seaside shaker card instead.


To recap, the background was crated by using plain white cardstock and 5 ink pads in teal and turquoise shades. I inked up my largest clear stamping block. Applying the ink pads direct to the stamping block. I then gave it a little spritz with a little water mister and then randomly stamped onto my white cardstock until no ink remained on the block. The areas not fully filled in where finished by sponging with a little of the two lightest ink colours.

Next I stamped the coral image in Cajun Craze and embossed using iridescent ice embossing powder. using Versamark I stamped the jellyfish (upside down) and embossed with white embossing powder.

On a scrap of white card I stamped the turtle image and coloured it using Copic alcohol markers. The image was then fussy cut and attached to the background with foam mounting tape.
I then cut clear plastic to slightly larger than my background. Next I cut 4 strips of 1/4" thick foam mounting squares from a full sheet to create the edging on the shaker. II added my filler and attached the clear plastic to seal in the contents.


Using Cajun Craze I stamped a textured image all over brown cardstock and then cut an opening slightly smaller than my shake in the center to create a frame. the frame was trimmed to 4" x 5.25" size and adhered over top of the shaker, which was then glued to the card front.

I had a little piece of coral (tree die cut) left over from the last project so decided to add it to the card front along (and inside) with a few randomly placed pearls.

I finished the inside to match the theme, by sponging the edges of my white cardstock in the teal/turquoise colours, adding a second frame and another piece of coral.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, Bazzill coral
Stamps: From Land to Sea, By the Tide, Timeless Textures, Remembering Your Birthday - all SU
Ink: Tuxedo black - Memento, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Lost Lagoon, Island indigo,
       Tempting turquoise (all for the for background), Cajun Craze - SU, Versamark
Alcohol markers: Old olive, light and medium - SU Blendabilities,
                             YG25, Y21, Y32, Y35, YR24, 100 - Copic
Die: Beautiful Branches Thinlits - SU
Shaker filler: peal blue, pearlescent pink and pearl sequins, clear micro beads, pale blue sea glass
Misc.: white embossing power, iridescent ice (SU) embossing powder,clear plastic sheet, foam mounting tape, 1/4" foam squares, water spritzer, sponges

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...