Tuesday, September 13, 2016

CAS Seahorse Card

I just love playing with these seaside themed stamps and can't seem to get enough of them.
This fats and simple CAS card was created in a mere few minutes and looks rather nice if I do say so myself.

I started by masking the card panel on either side using re-positionable adhesive tape and copier paper. I then created the background using the ink on stamp block technique as described in my previous posts. next I  stamped the coral using Cajun Craze, the bubbles using Gorgeous grunge and white ink and the jelly fish (up-side-down) in Versamark and white embossed powder.


The seahorse was a leftover image stamped on scrap white card in black from a previous card. I coloured it using alcohol markers, fussy cut it from the cardstock and glued it to the card front.

I then removed the mask and cut the strip leaving a 3/8" white edge on either side.  I drew a black line about 1/8" from the background and using my SU piercing tool and guide template I pierced a straight border one either side. A small piece of coloured twine was tied near the bottom and then the strip was attached to my card front using foam tape.


Lastly added a few little pearls above the seahorse and stamped my greeting to the right of the border strip directly onto the card base.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: By the Tide, From Land to Sea, Vertical Greetings, Gorgeous Grunge - all SU
Ink: Bermuda Bay, lost Lagoon, Island Indigo, Craft White - SU, Memento - Tuxedo Black,            
        Versamark
Alcohol markers: Copic: YR04, YR02, YR24
Misc.: white embossing powder, white gel pen, black marker, pearls, foam tape/mounting squares, twine, paper for masking

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

  1. The little seahorse is so cute, and another lovely background.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...