Thursday, January 14, 2016

Bird Crazy

This Christmas my husband proved himself very generous as he surprised my with not only the Crazy Bird stamp set by Tim Holtz, but also the coordinating Crazy Things and Bird talk stamps. As well as the dies for both the birds and things.

I had been eyeing these for quite sometime but just could not justify the cost. Suffice it to say I will be making se of these sets quite a bit in the near future.

It didn't take long for me to break in these stamps. I quickly started by stamping one of each bird onto watercolour paper. Yes, I said watercolour paper. I decided to try water colouring first before I opt for my Copics. Mind you I've not really water coloured much before. Sometime last year I gave it a somewhat unsuccessful try when I coloured a butterfly image. Of course I also didn't; have any good quality paper at the time. I enjoyed it much more this time around and d believe that I was also much more successful.

My first finished card is this fun birthday greeting.


I went all out and dressed up this little fellow with party hat and a bunch of balloons.
I also die cut his eyes and beak and popped those with a little foam tape. After the card was fully assembled I gave it a quick spray with some diluted walnut stain.


Overall I love how this first attempt turned out.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white (base) Bazzill Honey - background, SU watercolour paper
Ink: Various SU colours - Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, More Mustard, Tangelo Twist,
        Night of Navy, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso
Stamps: Tim Holtz - Bird Crazy, Bird Talk, Crazy Things, Inkadinkado - Baroque Scrolls
Dies: Tim Holtz - Bird Crazy, Crazy Things, SU - Banner Thinlits
Misc.: spray bottle with walnut stain, foam tape/mounting square

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

2 comments :

  1. Oh this card is awesome! You did a fab job watercoloring : ) Yahoo for your sweet hubby for a nice, nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree this time you were very successful with your watercoloring and your husband sounds like a keeper for making sure you had what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...