Saturday, November 14, 2015

Burnished Gold Blossom

As I did finish colouring this image, despite the gold embossing, I thought I'd share it as well.
As noted in my last post, I don't recommend anyone else trying this unless you have a very steady hand and are willing to risk your marker tip.
Instead I would recommend investing in some good quality metallic ink (now definitely on my wish list) and then clear embossing to get a similar finished look.


I really love the colours in this one as I tend  to lean more towards warm tones. This has a definite fall feeling to me.


I started by stamping both the leafy image and the lotus blossom onto scraps of white cardstock. Heat embossed the images in powder gold and then coloured with Copic markers. Both images were fussy cut and then glued to the brown die cut shape which was trimmed at the top to fit the card front.


The green mat was dry embossed with diagonal stripes and cut the width of my card base. The sentiment was stamped towards the right side in dark brown. The card background mat consists of a very golden pattern paper that was inked in brown along the edges. For finishing touches a gold organza ribbon bow and a few gold rhinestones were added.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, Bazzill brown and green
Patterned paper: MME "Reunion" 6 x 6 " paper pad
Stamp: Remarkable You, Tin of Cards - both SU
Ink: Versamark, Early Espresso - SU
Alcohol markers: YR04, YR24, YR32, YR35, YG03, YG25, 0 - blender pen - Copis, Olive Green 
                             (lightest) - SU Blendabilities, 
Die: Apothecary Accents - SU
Embossing folder: Stylish Stripes - SU
Misc.: Gold organza ribbon, Gold rhinestones - both Crafts by Dollarama, powder gold embossing powder - the Stampers Edge


Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...