Friday, August 14, 2015

CAS Best Thoughts

Here is one more card created with SU's Best Thoughts stamp set. This time I decided to go the CAS (clean-and-simple) route. I always find it amazing how versatile one image can be.
Just looking at the three cards I made with this set, a simple change in style can makes this image look so very different.

I kept my background very simple - white, but textured by use of embossing folder.
I coloured my flowers with lighter colours, which seem to give the card a spring like feeling.
I also speckled my mat by flicking my marker pens above the paper.


I couldn't quite resist adding a few little pearls that I coloured using Copics to match the colour of the flowers and a very sheer organza bow. The flower image was die cut and adhered with a little bit of foam tape (very shallow, only about 1/16" thick).

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Best Thoughts - SU
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Alcohol markers: Copic -R11, R22, R24, YG03, YG25, W1, W3, W5, Blendabilities by SU - Lightest of Olive Green
Misc.: foam tape, little self adhesive pearls (Recollections), 5/8" peach organza ribbon

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Isn't it amazing how elegant a Clean and Simple card will look when you use an embossing folder? Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...