Sunday, August 23, 2015

Birthday Shaker Tag

This past week has been a busy one for me. Most of the week I attended a work related training seminar and therefore had very little time (nor energy) to create anything.

Yesterday I felt rather uninspired but thank goodness today I had some time and the creative juices started flowing. My inspiration came from my last card, the one with the cute little micro bead shaker.

This time I made several shaker tags. I love how fast & easy these come together when using a stamp set and matching punch (or die).

I decided to use the deco label punch and Four Frames stamp set to create four different looks with the same shaker technique.


Here is a closer look at the Birthday tag.


I die cut the tag from light blue cardstock, then punched the deco label from the bottom (as high as the punch will reach) making sure to center it. Next I sponged the edges of the tag in blue.

I then stamped the frame and sentiment on a scrap piece (approx. 2" x 3") of white cardstock.
I cut foam tape into strips and attached it around the stamped image to create my shaker frame.


I cut a 2" x 3" piece of clear acetate and using my trusty Mono Multi liquid glue adhered it to the back of my blue tag. I then filled my shaker base with some micro beads, removed the adhesive from the back of the foam frame and carefully placed my blue tag on top, ensuring the opening is centered over the stamped image, pressing a little around the opening edges to make sure the foam tape adhered.

I then used several foam dots (and some scrap) the same thickness as my foam tape on the back of the tag and adhered a white layer slightly bigger than the blue tag.


I hand trimmed the white cardstock to approx. 1/8" width all around. That's it. The shaker tag is done and ready to be decorated.

I chose to add a few punch art balloons and a white organza bow. The punch art is not my design, you can find the instructions for the basic small oval balloon here. I did mix it up by making a larger oval and a heart balloon in addition to the 2 small balloons.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections - white, all others Bazzill
Ink: Marina mist, Daffodil Delight - SU
Stamps: Four Frames - SU, Vintage Labels - SU
Punch: Deco Label - SU, Small oval - SU, Small wide oval - SU, Owl Builder - SU, Medium Heart - Emagination
Die: Two Tags - SU
Misc.: foam tape, acetate, white gel pen, mini rhinestones, 5/8" white organza ribbon, clear micro beads

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

4 comments :

  1. Love the idea of shaker tags!! I just came across my micro beads the other day, so will have to try these out!! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags are great. Love the birthday one, can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas gift giving:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so spoiled to have dies to go with our stamps- and I love this idea- it is really cool! Beautifully done- and Thanks for the how-to pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute.....I love making tags and it makes the gifts look so festive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...