Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Best Thoughts with a touch of Goth

This is my second card using the Best Thoughts SU stamp set.
I decided to colour the image with markers and let my daughter's passion for the Goth style inspire my colour choices.


This image was stamped in black ink on white cardstock and then coloured using alcohol markers. I also added a light shadow to the right of the image.
My shading isn't perfect yet, but it's slowly getting there.

I die cut the image, stamped the butterfly on a scrap piece and then fussy cut it.
I embosser a piece of red cardstock, then die cut into a banner. The black background was also embossed. Both embossed pieces were inked with white pearlescent ink to enhance the raised design.

The sentiment was stamped and die cut, I trimmed the bottom of the design as I found it too large for my card.
The flower image was attached with foam mounting tape (1/8" thick) and the butterfly with a 1/4" foam square.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Best Thoughts - SU, Morning Meadow - SU
Embossing folders: Fancy Fan - SU, Heart Entwined - Elizabeth Craft
Dies: Banners Framelits - SU, Deco Labels Framelits - SU, Apothecary Accents - SU
Ink: Tuxedo Black - Memento, |Cherry Cobbler  SU, Pealescent white - Club Scrap
Markers: Love Green, Cherry Cobbler - SU Blendabilites, Dark Red (R89), Warm Gray (W1, W3, W5), Maize (Y35), Cool Gray (C7),Light Orange (YR02) - Copic
Misc.: Foam mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

2 comments :

  1. Beautifully done- your coloring /shading is just fabulous! I love the floral image you used : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors chosen on this card are exquisite. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...