Monday, June 8, 2015

Layered flower card

I have noticed that as of late I seem to be reaching for this stamps set more and more. The flowers are all lovely to colour and work for so many occasions. It is a very versatile set and to top it off it was also a free hostess set.

This time I decided on a layered look. I also used several of my old Club Scrap stamps that re-surfaced during my clean up.



  


I stamped the blossom three times; once on the card front, and twice on white scrap. The image on the card front was coloured in gray. The next image in darker orange only and the top with my three orange tones Copic.  Each layer was attached with foam mounting squares. The stem and top leaf are only two layers each; the bottom leaf is a single layer. I did stamp it on a scrap piece and then cut it out and adhered to the card front after colouring.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: Bloom with hope - SU, Joyful Christmas - SU, remaining three stamps used for the background are old Club Scrap
Ink: Tuxedo Black - Memento, Early Espresso,  - SU
Alcohol markers: Basic Gray, Old Olive, Skin tone- SU,  YR00, YR02, YR04 - Copic
Misc.: foam mounting square, Early Espresso stitched ribbon - SU

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

2 comments :

  1. Lovely card. Wonderful soft colors and I love that DP behind your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background! The entire card is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...