Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pretty Butterfly

I think I may be developing an addition to butterflies. I cannot seem to get away form them.
My next view cards all seem to have at least one colourful "flutterby."

I only have a few Blendabilities markers, so am somewhat limited in colour choices at the moment. I therefore attempted to watercolour my butterfly and flowers.


As you can see the results are somewhat mixed. I love the purple and blue combination and the butterfly turned out ok, but am not too happy with the flowers. The colour was at one point too intense that I opted to tone it down a little with a white chalk maker. Not sure if I succeeded though.Over all the card is still pretty though so I thought I'd share it. It's also the first time I used these border stamps and I haven't seen too many creations with them yet.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri - SU, Bordering Blooms - SU, Butterfly Basics - SU, Gorgeous  Grunge- SU
Ink: SU - Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Mossy Meadow , Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc.: foam mounting squares, white chalk marker, pearls.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...