Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sheltering Tree

I wasn't sure which one of my new stamps sets to try out next until I came across a fun challenge at SCS entitled "Sheltering Friends". A that point I knew Sheltering Tree was the next set to get my attention.

I had so much fun playing with these stamps I made four cards to represent each of the seasons.
They look so pretty all in a row. Almost to nice to use.

 
Even though it's a little bare compared to the others, winter seems to be my favourite (funny considering I usually lean towards warm autumn colours). I added a bit of glitter to my snow with PSX sparkles for that extra special touch.


For the spring theme I decided on cherry blossoms just as they are finishing and falling from the trees. It not easy to spot but I added tiny little pearls coloured with alcohol markers to the blooming tree. The pearls at the top and bottom of the card were also coloured with markers.


Summer has very vibrant colours and pretty flowers. I do not currently have purple Blendabilities so I opted for little accent buttons instead of coloured pearls.  I also had this pretty gem butterfly in my stash that seemed to fit nicely.


Fall comes to life in pretty golds and brown, and a few coloured pearls.


I also made the insides of the cards to match. I didn't add a sentiment here though in order to leave room for a personal message.



Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned paper: various old plaid scraps
Stamp: Sheltering Tree - SU, Festival of Trees (bird) - SU
Ink: all SU
       Winter: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
       Spring: Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Crushed Curry
       Summer: Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry,
                       Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
       Fall: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
Blendabilities Alcohol Markers, to colour my rhinestones and pearls: Soft Sky (rhinestones), Skin
                      Tone, Daffodil Delight
Misc.: Rich Razzleberry stitched Ribbon, light blue organza ribbon, pearls, clear rhinestones, rhinestone/gem butterfly, tiny 3/16" purple buttons, foam mounting squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

5 comments :

  1. I love, love this set!!! Your cards are all just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Where did you find the little cardinal? I love following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marilyn. The cardinal is from SU -Festival of Trees

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards. I love how you represented all four seasons and did the inside to match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 4 seasons cards- and how you added subtle changes to your sketch. I love the insides of your cards too- very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...