Friday, December 19, 2014

Church Christmas Card

I send many of my Christmas cards to relatives living in Germany. It is very common there to have a church scene on Christmas cards. I do not currently have stamp set with any church images and therefore decided to try and create one with my punches.

It was actually easier than I thought and came together rather quickly. This would look great on a  starry night background, or a snowy scene. The church (or chapel) would also work well for wedding theme, maybe even for a baptism.

 
I tried to add a lot of detail to the church itself. I embossed the shingles on the roof tops, bricks on the building and even attempted a stained glass look on one of the windows. I backed my window frames with vellum that was coloured from the back with markers. The plain windows are just highlighted in yellow to create a lighted look.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Early Espresso - SU, Cherry Cobbler - SU, So Saffron - SU
Markers: Various SU
Embossing folders: Adorning Accents (roof) - SU, Brick - Tim Holtz, Lacy brocade - SU
Die: Apothacery Accents Framelits - SU
Punches: Large (wide) oval - SU, Decorative Label - SU
Misc.: 3 x 1/4" rhinestones, 1/2" silver ribbon, foam squares

Full punch art instructions below. Note my Photoshop (old CS) stopped working a little while ago and until I can afford to buy a newer one I'm struggling with Gimp. So please bare with me if the isntructions don't look quite as good as they normally do.

 
Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Wow, this is amazing!! Loving the Church you've created, and the embossing is a perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...