Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Snowflake Christmas Tags

With Christmas only around five weeks away I am very busy trying to get all my paper crafts completed. The last week or so I've been working on making gift tags.

As you may recall from earlier posts, we've been going through some renovations at our house. The family room is completed and went through an entire overhaul including new furniture, and more importantly a completely new colour pallet. This of course means that I need to buy some new decorations (it all has to match, I'm a little OCD). In the past our tree and the present I placed underneath it, were gold, silver and basic black and white. With the new colour theme, there will be no gold, instead I'm adding purple to match the new accent colour in the room.

So, to make a long story a little shorter, my Christmas tags this year will consist of various shades of purple, white, silver and possibly some black.

Here is the first set I came up with, featuring snowflakes. So far I have made one for each of my kids.

 
There are some slight variations between the three, but the basic design is the same.
Here is a close up of one tag to show a little more detail.

 
I only used white cardstock. I started by stamping a half sheet of cardstock randomly with a large snowflake stamps using Versamark. I then embossed the snowflakes in silver. Next I stamped a smaller snowflake between the large ones with Versamark and embossed these in white. Using three shades of purple I sponged over everything removing the ink from the embossed images with a baby wipe at the end.

I then cut 3 large tags from this cardstock with my AccuCut die. Next I die cut the snowflakes form white card and inked the smallest in smokey slate and the middle one with Perfect plum. I glued the snowflakes together and attached it to the tag with some foam squares. Next I matted the tag on white cardstock and trimmed the edges approx 1/8" all around.
 
I didn't wish to use a to/from stamp so instead I cut a small tag, embossed the recipients name in white and sponged the background. Then I added this little tag as well as some ribbon, a bow, my clear snowflake and a silver snowflake brad to the top of the large tag. Lastly i embellished the large snowflake with some clear rhinestones.

Supply list:
Cardstock: Recollections 110 lbs white
Stamps: Festive Flurry - SU, Rummage alphabet – MM
Dies: Snow Flury - SU, Gift Tag # 3, large, Gift Tag # 3 small by AccuCut
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Smokey Slate - all SU, Versamark
Misc.: white and silver embossing powder, 5/8" plum organza ribbon, 1 snowflake brad, 1 clear plastic snowflake, 7 x 1/4" clear rhinestone, foam squares.

Thanks for stopping by. Check back soon for more Christmas creations (there fill be some punch art coming up in a bit as well).
 
 

1 comment :

  1. The tags are gorgeous!! And what a pretty color theme you've chosen!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...