Sunday, October 13, 2013

Brayer Night Sky

Here is my second brayer project, a night sky background.
Surprisingly this was harder than I thought. I don't mean the actual brayer technique, but choosing the right colors. My first two tries ended up so dark that my black stamped images could barely be seen.

It turns out this looks best with light to medium hues, and not very dark blues.

I made the following 2 Halloween cards.


The one on the left was my first try (using the lighter blues). I stamped the moon and found when stamping my witch image overtop it didn't show up very well eventhough I had heat set the pearlized ink. So for the 2nd card I masked my moon instead. This worked much better.

Here are the close ups and supply lists for each:

 
 
Supply list:
Cardstock: Bazzill

Ink: SU - Brocade Blue, and Bashfull Blue, old Club Scrap -  dark denim blue, Black Colorbox, pearl white- Club Scrap
Stamps: All Hallow's Eve - Inkadinkado, Little Shapes - SU, Greeting from Michaels dollar bin
Punches: Key tag - SU
Dies: Curved Borders 2 - Spellbinders
Dark navy grossgrain ribbon 7/8" wide, pop/foam dots, white gel pen



Supply List:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: old Club Scrap - dark denim blue and SU night of navy, Black Colorbox, pearl white (for edging) Club Scrap and a little So Safron sponged over the moon.
Stamps: both the witch and the greeting: All Hallow's Eve - Inkadinkado
Dies: Tickets Framelits- Sizzix
Punches: 1 1/4" circle (for the mask, punched from sticky note), 1 1/4 ' square for the flag banners
Foam/pop dots, while gel pen.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment :

  1. I really love what you did with the blue. The night sky is fabulous. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...