Friday, July 5, 2013

Shaggy Dog Punch Art

Today's punch art comes with a little story.
My daughter works for a small company that is a close knit little family. As such the owner brings the family dog to work everyday. Max is an adorable white poodle mix of sort. His fur is usually rather shaggy and definitley not trimmed to the standard poodle style.

A couple of months ago was the boss's birthday. My daughter wanted to give her a gift but was told not yo spend any money. I offered her one of my card kits and she agreed but she also wanted something more personalized. She thought it would be a great idea if I could make a custom birthday card featuring Max the dog.

This is what I came up with.

First Max was the only thing on the card:


Not bad, but seemed to be lacking a certain something. So we thought to make him ready for a birthday party and added a party hat.
This soon was followed by some balloons as well:


At this point I thought I was done, but it seems I was mistaken. Turns out the card was not complete without atleast one present.

Here's Max with all his Birthday party decor:


Max the punch art dog, was well received and my daughter and I are now contemplating making a little personalized calendar for Christmas featuring Max each month dressed for an appropriate activity (If I actually make this I'll be sure to share :)

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Embossing folder: Sizzix Tim Holts Checkerboard
Ink: Colorbox
Die: SU oval framelits
Stamp: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Punches for sentiment: Word window - SU and Modern label - SU
3/4" gold grosgrain ribbon, 1/8" rhinestones, thread for balloons, foam dots

Punches used to create the party pieces as follows:
Hat: mini flower - Marvy Uchida, Pennants punch - SU (trim was double punched)
Ballons: large balloon - PB
Present: 1 1/4" square - SU and  triple layer blossom bouquet - SU

If you would like to make your own Max, the full punch art instructions, with punch list, are below.

 
 
Thanks for looking.

1 comment :

  1. WOW! I saw your dog punch art on SCS and ended up coming to your blog. You are soooooooo creative! I'm in awe of your punch art! Such cuties! And your craft room... Again... WOW!!! It's amazing! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...