Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pretty little boxes

Appologies for the lack of updates.
I've been trying to get all my mounted stamps un-mounted and catalogued. It's a slow process but I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

The other day (while trying to clean up my workspace that's covered with scraps and supplies) I decided that my left over "tissue box" pieces could be incorporated into making little gift boxes.
I came up with a couple of cute little packages, fully decorated with punch art blossoms that I thought were worth sharing.


 
 
here's a close up of the flower on box #1
 
 
 
Supplies used to make the flower are as follows:
SU 5 petal flower punch, SU Fancy flower punch, SU Blossom Builder punch, small sun (PB) punch
Flower shaping tool, or somtehing with a rounded end handle like a small screw driver.
Ink for the punch shape edges (Colorbox)
Cardstock (Bazzill)
Score tool (SU Simply Scored)
Tombow Mono Mulit adhesive.
 
I punched 2 fancy flowers in light pink, 1 x 5 petal flower in wine, 1 small sun in pale yellow and 4 of the 2nd largest leaf in pale green.
 
I inked the edges of all shapes with a corresponding color (I try to do one shade darker than the cardstock).
To shape the petals place one of the flower shapes in the palm of your hand, place the round end of your shaping tool (or small screwdriver handle) into the enter of the shape and push and twist to make the petals curl.
Repeat with the remaining flower shapes and the sun.
Using your score tool score a line down the center length of each leaf.
Layer as shown in the photo securing each shape with adhesive.
 
It's actually fairly simple and the results are a very pretty blossom.
 
Instructions for the other blossom coming up on my next post. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...